Ken Jennings

Message Boards

More or Less Pregnant

The place to talk. "On topic"? "Off topic"? We make no such petty distinctions here.

Blog posts should be . . .

about something
9%
about nothing
18%
about 350 words
9%
none of the above
27%
all the above
36%

Total votes : 11

More or Less Pregnant

Postby XWL » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:19 am

From his most recent blogpost, Ken included this parenthetical phrase
(Mindy wanted to go until she found it was at 11 p.m. Mindy is the not-getting-any-younger-or-any-less-pregnant music fan.)

That got me thinking (which is always dangerous). Is she more or less pregnant with each passing day? In one very real sense she is getting more pregnant each day from conception. The baby inside her yearns (or reluctantly anticipates) for freedom, but each day of being pregnant brings Mindy closer to the state of being not pregnant once again. So in some sense she is getting less pregnant, though if you tried to make that argument to her now given the physical discomforts of late term pregnancy, you might experience some discomfort yourself.

Just some idle musings inspired by a snippet of the post.

One more idle musing just to muddle things even more, in the same post Ken said
I perked up my ears, in the desperate, reflexive manner of the content-starved daily blogger. This could be a blog post.

I suggest that Ken should take a more Zen approach to blog posting. Rather than recoiling from content-starvation and seeking out more and more content, he should embrace content-freedom. He should try and craft posts as devoid of content as humanly possible and see if they still maintain an intrinsic 'interestingness'. He could seek satori through blogging about nothing, or at least approach a certain Seinfeldianistic charm.
XWL

Postby IndySOG03 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:39 am

I'm not sure that you can say that there are levels of being pregnant. You're either pregnant, or you're not. True, you could be further along in a pregnancy than someone who had conceived months after you did, but both of you are with child(ren). Though, perhaps you could say that someone with triplets is "more pregnant" than someone with twins....
IndySOG03

Postby Ken Jennings » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:24 am

Blogging about the difficulty of blogging is definitely a shark-jumping moment for any blog.

It could be worse, I guess. I could be linking to "Which Beetle Bailey character are you?" surveys and whatnot.
Ken Jennings
Site Admin

Postby WendellWit » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:23 pm

I'm Lt. Fuzz.
WendellWit

Postby gvonk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:14 pm

I picked "All of the Above", just because it's the only logically inconsistent answer.
gvonk

Return to Main Forum